Wednesday 18 March 2009

SPAM ! Unlovely SPAM!

The profusion of spam in all my inboxes is completely overwhelming. In addition to the normal internet spam, that apparently does not get filtered by the plethora of spam filters that separate me from the internet directly, I am now faced with wet-ware spamming me on my own network. This is a case of friendly-fire the email way.

NO, I do not want your pitiful samples of spam forwarded into my inbox. YOU decide whether it is spam or not. You are old enough to decide this for yourself. If you do not know or trust the originator, then despatch the offending email into the "Ether-hereafter", AND NOT TO ME!!

Your sysadmins and netadmins probably get more spam than anyone else in your organisation, except for Percy in maintenance who has a thing about rubber. The reason why sysadmins and netadmins get so much spam, is because they are usually subscribed to a few email lists that inform about security vulnerabilities and product updates. Some of the lists are managed and moderated by gurus, but some are moderated and maganged by monkeys.

So .... be a good little wetware ... and keep your spam to yourself or, better yet, delete the thing!

No comments: